Here are some useful sites – handy for anyone thinking of setting up, or already running a small business.
- HMRC – HM Revenue & Customs – for Self Assessment, VAT, Income Tax, National Insurance, etc.
- Companies House – If you’re setting up a Limited Company or LLP.
- Dept of BIS – Government department for Business, Innovation & Skills.
- Federation of Small Businesses – Largest small business representative group in the UK.
- Forum of Private Business – Business support organisation.
- Institute of Directors – Good advice for company owners, events, and support.
- British Chambers of Commerce – represents the interests of over 100,000 businesses.
- British Franchise Association – support for franchisors and franchisees.